Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Prayer

When in doubt, pray.  Well, I am always in doubt it seems like.  I am trying to be a better Christian--so in turn, I am praying that I can be a better Christian. 
How many times do you find yourself praying without even realizing it?  For me, that is quite a bit.  I feel like I am actually praying throughout the day about all sorts of things.  I don't only want to reserve my prayer for catastrophic events.  Instead, I want to have a healthy, open conversation with God about all things, big or small.  What I really want is to be able to instill that relationship with God in my sons.  I never had that growing up and I feel like I am trying to play catch-up at this point in my life. 
I have started talking to my oldest about prayers and how we should use them.  The last few nights I have sat with him in his room and we prayed together.  As we keep this going, he should start to understand the importance of prayer.  I want him to know that just because you pray, doesn't mean things will go your way.  But that it is important to try, because how will God know you need help unless you ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.

I reserve the right to hide/remove any comments I deem inappropriate. Please comment constructively and respectfully. No SPAM please.